Worried about your increasing prescription? ORTHOKERATOLOGY can help you!
ORTHOKERATOLOGY, also known as Ortho-k, is a process that uses specially design rigid gas permeable contact lenses that are worn overnight during sleep to reshape the contour of the cornea to temporarily eliminate or reduce myopia (nearsightedness).
What are the benefits of Ortho-k?
– Freedom from wearing spectacles during the day. Perfect for sports and active children.
– Lessens the risk of having eye diseases such as cataract, glaucoma, and retinopathy in adult life.
Who should undergo the Ortho-k Treatment?
– Children, preferably 8 to 21 years old, with progressive myopia of -6.00 and astigmatism of up to -1.50.
– Busy and active adults who want to break free from wearing contact lenses and eyeglasses.
The Ortho-k Process
1. Treatment Program (12 mos.)
– Initial assessment – we measure your eyes and determined the lenses you will need.
– The required Belcon OK lenses – we will find the required Belcon OK Lenses that will make you see well without contact lenses the following day.
– Follow-up check-up – we ensure that your eyes are safe after wearing your contact lenses overnight.
2. Maintenance Program (12 mos.)
– Eye health check – we schedule check-up every three months to ensure that your eyes are healthy and your lenses fit well.
Q. How many hours should one wear the lenses overnight?
A. Minimum of 5 hours of sleep
Q. How many days of treatment before I see results?
A. 7 days
Q. How long is the effect of Ortho-k during the day?
A. Usually up to 1 day. However, for people with lower prescription, the effects last up to 2 days.
Q. What needs to be assessed?
A. Spectacle prescription in standard illumination, corneal curvature and health of your eyes.
Q. How long do my contact lenses last?
A. 1-2 years